Software Engineer (Development Tools) - C / C++, make tools, open source linkers, embedded, python, wireless protocols, Cambridge, to c£50k + Benefits
Our client is a dedicated engineering team developing an all-in-one solution for wireless communications use for simple portable electronics. Based on GNU C compiler and open source linkers, products allow customers to develop specific applications on top of network protocol stacks, shortening the overall development time through quick testing and debugging.
The team are seeking an experienced Software Engineer to take a senior role, where they will take responsibilities in: developing C / C++ for embedded software and tools running on Open Source and Windows platforms; and writing Python scripts to automate processes. As a senior member of the team, the Software Engineer would also conduct peer software reviews, produce relevant documentation, and perform requirements capture.
• Proven relevant industry experience in software engineering (ideally based on a degree in maths / science / electronics).
• Demonstrable hands-on experience of implementing and maintaining build systems / chains / make tools.
• Industry experience writing C / C++ (ideally Assembler in embedded environments) and writing Python scripts.
• Good understanding of writing software design techniques including debugging, software architecture, and configuration management.
• Good communication skills and team player.
• Experience with short range wireless protocols such as Bluetooth, NFC, or ZigBee would be desirable.
This is an excellent opportunity to join this well-established and globally respected company. As well as working with peers in pleasant, open-space environment, your work would contribute to the wider range of products the company develops. You would also be rewarded with an excellent remunerations package including bonus and extensive benefits to assist in a good work-life balance (on-site gym, childcare vouchers, and possible flexi-time).
C / C++, make tools, open source linkers / compilers, embedded, python, wireless protocols
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 – see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.
Please quote ref: IT20976
Job reference information
||ECM Selection Ltd
||01223 813399 (Please reference IT Job Board when calling)