Business Architect (BA, Business Architect, Architect)
Location: Morrisons Head Office Bradford
Job type: Full Time
Closing Date: Friday, 21 February 2014
Here at Morrisons, We Buy, We Make, We Move, We Sell. We're a uniquely vertically integrated retailer with a culture all of our own and an exciting future. There couldn't be a more exciting time to join Morrisons than right now. We're opening more Morrisons M local stores, launching food online and we're building up our Own Brands. Ambitious to become a multi-format and multi-channel retailer to be reckoned with, we're offering our customers more of what matters to them.
Our IT function offers more of what matters to systems professionals at every level. Supporting the whole of our business, our IT team is part-way through the largest Oracle Change Programme ever seen in Europe. We're making business wide improvements, using the latest technology, and creating exciting roles across infrastructure, applications, projects and change. From keeping the lights on, to working with latest in online grocery technology, our IT team are central to making Morrisons fitter for the future.
Technology is a hugely powerful commercial driver and Morrisons mean to stay at the cutting edge. Whatever your area of interest in IT, we'll challenge your skills and develop you career.
What's the Business Architect (BA, Business Architect, Architect) job?
We are currently recruiting for a Business Architect to join the IT Architecture & Design team at our Head Office in Bradford. Reporting to the Business Architecture Manager, you will provide a Business Architecture support and design service to colleagues in the planning, design and Enterprise Business Integration of Morrisons' business solutions.
What will the Business Architect (BA, Business Architect, Architect) do?
Working alongside Morrison's Business and Process Leads, you will:
• Be accountable for the design and business development of Morrison's core retail enterprise solutions as well as new initiatives coming into the Business such as On-line eCommerce
• Will develop integrated business designs and solutions that incorporate Lines of Business inside and outside of the core business and ensure end to end business integrity across the whole organisation.
• Will define the business capabilities required to implement Morrisons' business propositions in a formal and robust framework that supports the applications and technical teams in designing technical business solutions.
What skills and qualifications do I need?
The person who gets the Business Architect (BA, Business Architect, Architect) job will:
• Have experience of capability modeling and process design and development within a large business
• Strong working knowledge of TOGAF (ideally TOGAF practitioner)
• Be comfortable dealing with business and IT users at all levels of the organisation, with the ability to lead many staff from diverse disciplines in order to achieve a cohesive business design
• Have the ability to identify and introduce the need for new approaches, methods and techniques that will add value in supporting the Business
• Have experience in central retail, planning, trading, merchandising operations, CRM and on-line channels.
Our aim to offer more of what matters extends to our employees too. Join us and you can expect to enjoy great career prospects and a very competitive pay and benefits package. In addition to an attractive salary, we offer a discount card for you and a friend or family member giving you 10% off your shopping in Morrisons. We also offer company share options, a highly competitive pension scheme, Life Assurance and more besides.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
In order to apply for the Business Architect (BA, Business Architect, Architect) role press the apply button now.
Job reference information
|| (Please reference IT Job Board when calling)