Hargreaves Lansdown, Role Profile and Person Specification
Job Title: Network / Firewall Engineer Hours of Work: 35
Department: IT Support Reporting To: Head of IT Support
The role exists to ensure that both our internal and external infrastructure is kept secure. The ideal person is diligent and aware of the events IT security landscape.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• Maintenance of the firewall, IPS, and load balancer infrastructure.
• Work with other teams in the department to troubleshoot faults which may be linked to the security infrastructure.
• Liaise with our ISPs and third parties on faults.
• Keep abreast of new security technologies and recommend technologies which would help further secure our client data.
• Design of the security topology.
• Help to maintain our PCI-DSS compliance.
- Grade C or above in Maths & English GCSE (or equivalent)
- Educated to AS / A Level (or equivalent)
- CCNA qualified - Degree educated
- IT based qualification
- Excellent computer competency
- In depth knowledge of networking and security principles
- IDP/IPS Experience
- Juniper SSG, ISG, SRX, SA
- F5 LTM / ASM / GTM
- Good numerical skills.
- Highly organised.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively manage own workload.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Strong communicator (written and verbal).
- Ability to analyse and problem solve.
- Ability to work and perform in a high pressurised environment.
- Reliable and trustworthy.
- Presentable, professional appearance.
- Patient, diligent and diplomatic.
- Pro-active, resourceful and able to use initiative.
- Willingness to learn, develop, and keep abreast of technological developments
Job reference information
|| (Please reference IT Job Board when calling)