The Business Intelligence (BI) COE will leverage the enterprise BI tools and internal and external data to fuel all parts of the business through the provision of advanced reporting, analytics and visualisation.
Key Purpose of Role
To develop high-level and low-level architectural solutions to BI projects that meet the requirements of the business while also aligning with CiTO strategies and policies on platforms, integration, data models, connectivity and security.
Develop effective working relationships within BI Centre of Excellence, and with project teams, BRM leads, Service Delivery and the wider CiTO team to progress architectural matters in a timely manner and with maximum benefit to the JLR business customers. Provide input to Enterprise Architecture and BI Strategy.
· Work with & though others in the business to review business drivers, needs & strategies & understand implications to the BI application, infrastructure & data architectures; identifying opportunities for change.
· Create & innovate technical solutions across diverse environments with a clear understanding of service implications.
· Business & systems analysis & design of solutions to meet business needs.
· Support the BI CoE in:
o defining & maintaining the BI architecture, applications & data roadmap
o ensuring the Architecture Standards & road map are communicated, understood & implemented by other IT staff and the wider business community.
· Ensure current architecture is defined & maintained to agreed standards
· Own the technical responsibility for the signing off the introduction of new applications/infrastructure
· Act as the recognised expert in a particular set of technologies /platforms
· Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of industry trends & emerging standards, working with partners/vendors to understand new application & infrastructure releases or new applications/infrastructure being considered for use
· Active in project teams for the delivery of projects, performing the following project related activities:
· Provide direction & guidance on projects ensuring adherence to the BI architecture standards & roadmap for new applications
· Support colleagues in determining high level non-functional requirements for key projects
· Provide solution options based on defined requirements & create high-level solution designs
· Validate with appropriate IT teams the technical viability of proposed solutions, as required
· Conducting architecture reviews through the delivery lifecycle to ensure compliance with designs and drive ongoing improvement
· Chair the BI Design Authority, ensuring that solution designs adhere to Architecture Standards & that deliveries adhere to the signed off High Level Design
· Represent BI Centre of Excellence at the Design Authority, ensuring that the solution designs adhere to
· Architecture Standards & the detailed designs adhere to the signed off High Level Design
· Management of contract/non-direct staff, Supervision of junior staff, providing coaching & mentoring within area of expertise.
· Ensure that all IT Projects are adequately resourced with the most effective architectural resource.
· Monitor the skills across the Solutions Leads and ensure that the team is adequately resourced and skilled to meet the requirements of current and future strategic IT projects.
Primary Relationships and Interactions
· Business unit management
· BRM teams
· External vendors
· Delivery partners
Analyst organisations / consultancies
Skills, experience and qualifications required
· relevant degree qualified – preferable but not essential
· Excellent communication skills
· Excellent presentation skills
· Excellent stakeholder management
· Strong influencing skills
· Experience in Programme Management and Business Analysis is desirable
Job reference information
||Jagger Talent Commercial Recruiters
|| (Please reference IT Job Board when calling)
||Business Intelligence Arch