Position Title: Devops Engineer
Reports to: Director, Application Support
Basic Purpose: Provide technical assistance to software development groups across all Dics Holdings, Inc. (DHI), products. Manage, research and develop systems which support development initiatives.
Essential Functions of the Devops Engineer:
• Coordinate and execute release management for all DHI platforms.
• Establish, maintain and support systems used for development of DHI products
• Develop and maintain the version control systems for DHI products
• Support and extend the use of continuous integration environments for DHI.
• Establish, maintain and extend software development environments for DHI's development teams.
• Maintain documentation library for Dev systems and build documentation for new systems in order to transition projects to operational teams.
• Create, maintain and support the VM library used for development
• Support DHI's ability to employ off-site developers, including off hours.
• Provide research and other technical support to development and operations teams on technical subjects including acquisition and support of third-party products.
• prepare activity and status reports for active projects as required.
• Work with operations teams to build supportable production platforms.
• Provide operational support for production systems as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications of the Devops Engineer:
• 5+ years hands on experience managing and developing in a fast paced, results orientated technical environment with website or distributed application background strongly preferred.
• Demonstrate expertise with many of the following technologies:
Languages: PHP, HTML, XML, SQL, Java, .NET
O/S: Linux, Windows, OSX, VMware
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, SQL, Server, MongoDB
Application: CVS, SVN, Git, Jira, Confluence, Tomcat, Weblogic, Jenkins, WordPress
Hardware Platforms: Intel-based servers, EMC, Amazon EC2
• BS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/MIS or related field/equivalent experience
• Excellent oral and verbal communication skills
• The ability to work in a team atmosphere.
If you are interested in this Devops Engineer role please apply.
Job reference information
|| (Please reference IT Job Board when calling)