This client is a highly regard software business with international customers and offices across the UK.
As a graduate developer and member of the Software Engineering department, you will be involved in the full
software development lifecycle as part of a project team to create the next generation of our products. You will have the opportunity to play a key role in shaping and developing software products. Positions available in the Berkshire, Tyneside and Dublin offices, initial training period will be in Berkshire.
Initially, you will be guided through a structured training period where you will learn a range of products and
work with more senior Software and QA engineers . You will be responsible for developing and testing software as part of a project team, writing code as directed to deliver against specified project timescales, quality and functionality requirements
You will also:
• Design small software components that form part of a larger solution, in line with specified project timescales,
• quality and functionality requirements
• Make modifications to code in line with change requests assigned so that the defect is resolved and the specification is met
• Execute test cases to cover specific areas of product functionality
• Provide estimates of time required for allocated tasks so that the Development Lead can make accurate decisions on project plans and commitments.
• Build and maintain an effective relationship with department members
Knowledge and Experience Requirements
• A 2:1 degree or above (or expected) in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or other numerate
• Excellent A-Level grades (or equivalent) including mathematics
• Experience developing software to a professional or academic standard
• Have a passion for software design and development
• Familiarity with Oracle, Windows and UNIX/Linux
• Some experience of Visual Basic or SQL
• Commercially-focused software development experience
• Formal testing methodologies; experience of testing own programs
• Demonstrate ability to organise and present complex solutions clearly and accurately
• Show expertise in interpreting specifications and designing efficient software solutions to meet their requirements
• Be able to work under pressure to complete tasks in a timely and accurate manner
Questor is acting as an employment agency in relation to this advert. Due to the effectiveness of online advertising and the response levels that it can generate it is often impossible for us to respond to every applicant. As a professional company we gladly welcome applications from persons of any age and background and do not intend to discriminate with advert text and terminology.
Graduate 2.1 upper second 1st First class softwareVB Oracle Windows Linux Unix SQL programme programming development Graduate 2.1 upper second 1st First class softwareVB Oracle Windows Linux Unix SQL programme programming development Graduate 2.1 upper second 1st First class softwareVB Oracle Windows Linux Unix SQL programme programming development
Job reference information
||01767 683583 (Please reference IT Job Board when calling)