HEAD OF ARCHITECTURE
Technology | Richmond, London
WHAT WE NEED IN A NUTSHELL
Notonthehighstreet.com is looking for a talented Head of Architecture to work in a stimulating and agile environment with like-minded professionals to design, implement and scale our platform and support our global ambitions.
WHAT THE ROLE ENTAILS
We are taking our platform to new horizons with a continued emphasis on cloud computing and have a requirement for a hands-on, talented Head of Architecture to come in and help lead and shape our future platform. Reporting to the IT Director and working alongside a team of creative engineers, our DevOps team and the business, you will be responsible for ensuring that our vision translates to reality and that we have adequate governance in place.
This role comes with the opportunity to make a big difference – enhancing our business agility and helping us to continue to build a high-availability platform for a global business.
THE TYPE OF PERSON WE ARE LOOKING FOR
You will be a pragmatic Software Architect that understands that business value has to be realised on the journey to improve our platform. You are able to communicate at all levels and you understand how business architecture and core data drives the birth of new services.
THE KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE NEED
- Distributed Architecture
- Proven hands-on experience of implementing high availability REST services
- Service discovery and dependency management
- Messaging and EDA
- Hands on experience with cloud technologies (AWS/Rackspace/Openstack) and cloud application design
- Decoupling/componentisation of larger legacy applications
- High transactional Ecommerce exposure
- Hands-on experience with an object orientated programming language
- Dynamic programming language (hands-on)
- Hands-on experience with application development frameworks such as RoR or Spring
- RDBMS (i.e. Mysql, Postgres), NoSQL (i.e. MongoDB, Redis,…), Search Engines (Elasticsearch, Solr…)
- Strong communication skills, both technically & non-technically
- Pairing experience
- Caching technologies
- Desire to work closely with the business, learn new things and teach others
- Exposure to internationalization a plus
ABOUT US AND WHY YOU’LL WANT TO WORK FOR US
Notonthehighstreet.com is one of the UK’s most high profile e-commerce businesses and has been changing the face of retailing online since 2006.
- The No.1 curated marketplace in the world and is continuing to experience explosive growth
- The definitive, award-winning online marketplace for original and inspiring products
- Supporting growth for the UK’s most creative small businesses and changing the lives of our sellers
- Offering customers the chance to source, create and own beautiful, out-of-the-ordinary things
- Supported by top VC’s which recognise and support our ambition
Our people are as unique as our products, and alongside a competitive salary we offer fantastic benefits including a bonus scheme and generous holiday allowance. Based in London’s growing digital and e-commerce hub of Richmond-upon-Thames, aka ‘Silicon-upon-Thames’, we offer a dynamic and socially active environment.
IF THIS IS THE RIGHT FIT FOR YOU, APPLY NOW!
We’d love to hear about what you can do for us and how you can add value to our people and our business.
To apply, please attach a covering letter to wow us and your CV by clicking the 'Apply Now' button.
Job reference information
|| (Please reference IT Job Board when calling)