Location: Aylesbury, United Kingdom
McAfee believes that amazing things can be accomplished by diverse teams of talented individuals. Share your talents with us by joining the world’s largest dedicated security technology company.
McAfee, part of Intel Security and a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corp. (NASDAQ:INTC), empowers businesses, the public sector, and home users to safely experience the benefits of the Internet. The company delivers proactive and proven security solutions and services for systems, networks, and mobile devices around the world. With its visionary Security Connected strategy, innovative approach to hardware-enhanced security, and unique Global Threat Intelligence network, McAfee is relentlessly focused on keeping its customers safe.
Our products are unique in how they work together to make security affordable and manageable. As we have for more than 20 years, McAfee continues to deliver superior protection that is trusted by millions of people.
The Content Security engineering group creates common technologies that are integrated into McAfee security products. The Unified Management team focuses on providing a common user experience across a variety of these security products, by creating common components to share data, configuration, and policy.
This is an Agile development team that requires enthusiastic, talented engineers who adapt quickly to new technologies and who can solve technical challenges both as an individual and as part of a team. Interpersonal communication skills are essential to support our daily development activities including regular video conferences with engineering teams based in the UK and various locations worldwide.
All new features developed for our products are a team effort. Roles within the team are often interchangeable, based on the needs of the team at any time. As a result the successful candidate will gain a broad experience of software engineering being involved in feature development, testing, infrastructure, and research activities.
- Development of key security features destined for Network Security Products involving design, coding and testing activities
- Demonstrating solutions to the team and other stakeholders
- Implementing and supporting key infrastructure used to support the Agile development team
- Participating in the daily Agile team meetings and activities
- Relevant computing related degree, e.g. Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Excellent understanding of object oriented programming
- Non-trivial software projects written in a compiled language
- Unit testing
- Excellent communication skills - fluent written and verbal English
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Test Driven Development
- Continuous integration and Jenkins
- Perl, Python, Shell script, XSLT, JSP
- Web application development and testing
- Test automation tools, e.g. Selenium
- Version control, e.g. Subversion
- Familiarity with Linux and Windows operating systems
McAfee is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity!
Job reference information
|| (Please reference IT Job Board when calling)