My client is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Their mission is to enable their customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. They help their customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity.
They currently have an urgent requirement for a Software Development Manager to oversee the creation, support and enhancement of one or more software products. Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage the design and new product development for the companies 'Sample Manager' LIMS system.
- Personnel management of the Software Development Team.
- Manage and integrate Software Development Team members that include full time personnel, on-site contactors, and offshore developers.
- Hands on Software Development including mentoring and coaching of team members.
- Identify resources needed and assign individual responsibilities.
- Work with Product Management to plan and execute product release projects.
- Work with Support to address customer issues.
- Participate in the review, modification and/or creation of the companies standard operating procedures for software development in a highly-regulated market.
- Develop and deliver effective presentations to both clients and upper management.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The Development Manager for new product development will perform a key role on the project core team. In this role the Development Manager will be responsible for representing all aspects of the software development function, managing contributions from development team and ensuring that project quality and project commitments are met. Specific responsibilities include:
- Represent the development function within the project core team.
- On time delivery of the project plan.
- Assign individual responsibilities.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Effectively apply project methodology and enforce project standards.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Verify compliance with Quality Assurance processes.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferably related to engineering or software development.
- Proven ability to lead software development teams.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft and Oracle software technologies in the desktop application, client-server, n-tier and/or networking sectors, including .NET and C#.
- Proven experience in a software development management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
- Experience in an applicable business domain (LIMS, Chromatography, Pharmaceutical R&D, laboratory).
- A consistent management track record of software development within high technology industry.
- Proven experience in effectively managing teams comprising onsite and offshore developers through the application of industry-accepted development processes.
- Experience working with cross functional teams including Product Management, Testing, and Support.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.