Working for this company means you would be involved in defining how people all over the world travel, discover, shop and enjoy their home city or travel destinations.
This company provide a friendly close-knit team culture and all work together to achieve the same goal and vision of being the most successful software services provider in the world. You will be based from their office in Manchester.
Java Developer - The Role:
Utilising the latest Java, web and secure transaction technologies, you will be developing the back office systems that underpin smart transaction systems in travel, retail and leisure. You will be joining a small team, working in a high performance, agile environment. This role requires a high degree of collaboration with colleagues from systems architecture, software testing, mobile technology and customer usability.
The team is currently working with:
Java EE (JDK 5, 6, 7) | EJB3 | JSF | JPA | Eclipse | NetBeans | Web Services | Spring | Oracle | SQL | Ant | Maven | Hudson |Jenkins | Selenium | JMeter | Linux and more
Java Developer - Responsibilities and accountabilities of this role include:
- Software development and maintenance, including writing of unit tests.
- Documentation of software development.
- Reporting of progress against plans to team leader.
- Develop product and domain knowledge.
- Undertaking design of discrete items of functionality.
- Undertaking the reviewing of designs.
- Reviewing code developed by peers.
- Assisting team leader with estimating timescales for work.
- Assisting with support and testing of existing software.
- Implement software wireframes and mock-ups following the UI Design standards
- Escalation of problems including timescale slippages in a timely manner
Java Developer - Key Competencies
- Excellent communication skills and fluent in English; written and verbal.
- Educated to degree level in a suitable technical discipline.
- Several years commercial experience in relevant fields
- Active interest in software development technologies
- Awareness of software development processes.
- Disciplined and organised.
Java Developer - Essential Skills:
- Experience of Java development (Java 1.5 or later preferred)
- Object-oriented software design and design patterns
- Development Environment – Eclipse or NetBeans
- Experience of SQL
- Knowledge of source control systems (CVS, SVN)
- Unit testing
- Create software designs and technical documentation
- Review code for conformance to coding guidelines
- Ability to re-design or re-factor code
- Ability to execute performance testing and profiling
- Experience of time estimation skills
- Show an awareness and understanding of software design, development and lifecycles
- Undertake the design of discrete items of functionality
- Involved in the peer reviewing of designs
Java Developer - Desirable skills:
- Knowledge of enterprise Java development (JavaEE5, EJB3 and JPA)
- Mobile experience - Android, iOS).
- Servlets, HTML, XML, SOAP & other web technologies
- Knowledge of build tools ( e.g. Ant, Maven)
- Knowledge of integration/performance test tools and frameworks (e.g. Selenium, JMeter)
- Knowledge of Spring
- Experience of multi-threaded applications
- Experience / knowledge of usability principles
- Experience of C and C++ development
- Knowledge of OSGi and GWT
- Oracle or another relational database
Java Developer - Salary and benefits
- £30,000 to £38,000
- 24 days holidays (plus bank holidays) rising to 26 days in 3rd year of service and a further 1 days holiday every 2 years, up to 30 days.
- Healthcare cash plan (family cover)
- Worldwide holiday travel insurance (family cover)
- Matched pension scheme
- Life Assurance (x 3 salary)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
If you are talented at what you do, are passionate about quality software development and want to join at one of their most exciting times then please click ‘Apply’
|Advertiser||360 Resourcing Solutions|
|Contact Name||360 Resourcing Solutions|
|Telephone||0844 412 3247 (Please reference IT Job Board when calling)|
Salary: £35k - 43k per year | Location: Manchester
Salary: £22k - 28k per year | Location: Manchester
Salary: £30k - 38k per year | Location: Manchester
Salary: | Location: Cheshire
Salary: £35k - 40k per year | Location: Manchester