4G Software System Architect - 3G, LTE, 4G, 3GPP, Protocol Stack, Handset design, Software Architecture, Cambridgeshire, to £60k
This Cambridgeshire R&D centre designs software for sub-systems to enable OEMs to develop innovative personal, professional and M2M solutions quickly and cost-effectively. They are rapidly building a software/DSP team to focus on a new product area using 4G technology.
As the 4G Software System Architect you will have a good technical degree, possibly a PhD and significant experience in developing 3G, LTE and/or 4G protocol stacks for mobile handsets. You will have gained considerable expertise in software design techniques for mobile communication systems.
Activities will include:
• Specify the overall software architecture of the 4G protocol stack
• Present technical architecture and act as a reference point
• Drive development of the architecture of the stack and design of critical components
• Influence and approve architecture modules as defined and implemented in engineering teams
• Interact with other sites and teams and guide them to apply industry best practices for implementation
• Maintain control over architecture life-cycle parallel to the software development life-cycle
• Monitor 3GPP standards, conduct compliance reviews
• Occasional international travel for both internal and external purposes
An exciting opportunity to join an expanding team influencing the design of their new platform. The role has the added interest of working with other European sites to provide a consistent architecture and common design approach.
Keywords: 3G, LTE, 4G, 3GPP, Protocol Stack, Handset design, Software Architecture, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Please quote ref: IT20747
Job reference information
||ECM Selection Ltd
||01223 813399 (Please reference IT Job Board when calling)