Core Java Developer – Investment Banking / Capital Markets – London, City
The successful Java Developer will be competent and highly regarded individual who has experience developing projects in a range of scenarios for Capital Markets clients. You will have the following experience:
- Advanced OOP concepts, Design Patterns, and Software Engineering best practices.
- Development processes and methodologies (e.g., RUP / XP / UML).
- Technical team leader and/or architect in one or more projects.
- Expertise in one or more Capital Markets business areas and/or asset classes.
You will be prepared to work on the client’s site and work on a variety of projects of varying scale for that client. In addition to project delivery work, the role may include the following:
- Mentoring junior developers
- Actively participating in the skill development of your colleagues (workshops, presentations)
- Proposal development and project estimations
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent subject
- Sun certifications or Brainbench certifications are a plus
- Knowledge of a particular asset class is a plus
- Client-facing consulting experience
- Experience designing N-tiered applications, with multi-tier architecture
- CORBA/RMI, Web services, SOAP - JSP, JDBC, Java Servlets, Javabeans/EJBs, ASP
- Understanding of Multithreaded applications and Java internals
- Strong relational database experience (DB2, Sybase, SQL, Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11i)
- XML family technologies (e.g., XML Schemas / XSL / XPath)
- Unit Testing and mock objects
- Use and best practises for source control systems (CVS / SubVersion / Clear Case)
What we are looking for in you:
- Entrepreneurial spirit, personal and professional integrity and a desire to relentlessly
strive to obtain excellence
- A team player with good interpersonal and communications skills
- High attention to detail and exceptional technical knowledge.
What we offer:
- A challenging and varied role in a Capital Markets consulting firm
- The ability to grow and attain levels of seniority within a growing company
- An above average salary with a generous, quarterly bonus package
- The chance to join a fun, energetic and dynamic team of people.
If you are interested, please email your CV and a covering letter to our HR Department at
Grey Spark Partners is a business, management and technology consultancy specialising in capital
Grey Spark Partners work with investment banks, broker-dealers, hedge funds and asset management
firms to deliver solutions that work across all asset classes, with a particular focus on risk management
and electronic trading.
Research and Strategy
Please visit our website for further information: http://www.greyspark.com
Job reference information
|| (Please reference IT Job Board when calling)