IM Infrastructure Engineer – Messaging
CIrca - £45k plus benefits
Permanent, Full Time.
If you’re keen to develop new skills and technologies – and apply them to the broadest and most exciting range of IM initiatives imaginable – there couldn’t be a better place to develop your career than Transport for London. As the integrated body responsible for managing all the capital’s transport systems and implementing the Mayor’s transport strategy, we’re using a complex range of technologies to solve unique challenges and enable millions of people to travel every day by a variety of transport modes. With systems that range from journey planners, live travel updates and Oyster cards to congestion charging and the regulation of over 3000 traffic lights – all of which need to be maintained, upgraded and repaired - the sheer size and scale of the experience we can offer IT professionals is unrivalled.
About the role:
IM Infrastructure Services (IS) department maintains the hardware and software systems used to deliver our core infrastructure services, from physical and virtual hardware, operating systems and databases to desktops and storage. Not only will you find a strong focus on new ways of working here, with cross-technology and a collaborative team culture: you’ll also have the chance to broaden your skill base and enrich your CV through regular role rotation. So join us here and you never know where your career might lead.
IS Operations exists to serve our customers, responding in a professional, timely way to incidents, requests and problems. We work with our partners to identify opportunities to improve the Infrastructure, monitoring and automating when ever possible.
Messaging is a core IT service providing highly available communications to all corporate functions and transport modes within TFL . We work in a fast paced and challenging environment serving many high profile clients. Our core activities relate to maintaining and improving our Exchange environment, managing email security and providing a highly reliable instant messaging platform. We operate a staggered shift pattern covering business hours between 8:00 and 18:00 and provide out of hours support for critical messaging services as part of an on call rotation. TfL offers an opportunity to work in a structured and well skilled team working with leading edge technologies such as Microsoft Server 2012 , Exchange 2013 and Lync.
Essential Skills Required:
Good demonstrative knowledge in:
• Outlook Web
• Active Sync
• Very good experience in patch deployments and hot fixes.
• High Level experience in Power Shell scripting for Exchange.
• Exchange administration through Exchange Management Shell.
• Experience of Mimesweeper, Websense or similar e-mail gateway products.
• SCOM/ MOM Enterprise monitoring tools
• Demonstrable experience in managing servers remotely, deploying patches and monitoring performance and resources.
• Experience in supporting OCS 2007 or Lync 2010
• High level experience in Symantec Enterprise Vault 8 or above
• Experience in firewalls and hardware load balancers
• Good understanding of Storage technologies such as SAN, NAS, Centera
Desirable Skills Required:
• Microsoft Exchange server 2007, 2010 or 2013 certified.
• Windows Server 2003, 2008 or 2012 certified
• Windows Networking Professional certified
• Active Directory certified.
• Symantec Enterprise Vault 9/10 Certified.
• Support configure UAG web publishing appliances
• Experience of large scale Exchange Deployments, upgrades and Disaster Recovery.
• Exposure to Exchange 2010 production environment.
• Blackberry Enterprise server is an advantage
• Exposure to thin clients/ virtual desktop environments.
“We want to be as diverse as the city we represent and welcome applications from everyone, regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith or disability”.
Job reference information
||Transport For London (TFL)
|| (Please reference IT Job Board when calling)