Wireless Software Engineer - embedded C / C++, assembler, wireless comms / protocols, Cambridge, to £50k DOE + Benefits
Wireless Software Engineer – Embedded C / C++, Wireless Comms / Protocols, Full Lifecycle. Cambridge, to c£50,000 DOE + Benefits.
A senior Software Engineer is sought to join a dedicated engineering team to work on wireless comms / protocols for next generation connectivity products. Particular technology areas of interest include: NFC, BT, UWB, WUSB, and Wi-Fi. Key activities will be to develop on embedded platforms using assembler and C as well as high level programming and scripting. As a senior member of the team, responsibilities will include: delivering project goals; peer review; and mentoring junior team members.
• Degree qualified from a top 500 worldwide ranked university in maths / science / software / electronics.
• Strong fundamental understanding and commercial experience of C / C++ and assembler as well as general software design techniques.
• Understanding of debug techniques, software architecture, and configuration management.
• General programming experience with Perl / Python / Ruby for writing scripts would be beneficial.
• A background in developing software for wireless communication protocols is highly desirable.
This role is open to a “second-jobber” or a more experienced hands-on engineer, with a preference to see what relevant projects applicants have completed and what technologies were used.
Further, interested applicants will have the right to work in the UK without sponsorship.
For the successful candidate, remunerations will include a highly competitive salary + bonuses + benefits.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 – see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.
Please quote ref: IT20746
Job reference information
||ECM Selection Ltd
||01223 813399 (Please reference IT Job Board when calling)